Hip Hop Literacies
Posted on September 28, 2008 - 1:24am — djbobbydrake
Pennsylvania State University
- To become familiar with scholarly literature on hip hop, African American Culture, and theories of literacy.
- To explore hip hop culture through African American cultural criticism and new literacy theories.
- To become familiar with issues surrounding the politics of race, class, gender, identity, language, sexuality, economics, popular culture, education as reflected and refracted through hip hop.
- To understand the role of hip hop in the global diffusion of African American language and culture and hip hop’s impact on global cultures via technology and the global marketplace.
- To develop and expand your own literacies.